Steps to AS9100 Certification
1. Learn About AS9100
You will need to get some general training on AS9100, so you understand what you need to do in your company to meet the requirements of the standard.
- Aerospace Standards Explained
- What Standards do I need?
- What revision of a standard should I use?
- What additional supporting standards are required?
- Buy a Copy of the Standard that’s right for you
- ISO 10006, 10007
- Learn about the standard:
- What are the Requirements?
2. Perform AS9100 Gap Analysis
Perform a Gap Analysis to determine where you need to change your existing QMS.
- What is a Gap Analysis?
- Gap Analysis Options
3. Plan Your AS9100 Implementation Project
Create a Project Plan.
- Begin with our FREE AS9100 Quick Start Kit
- Read Creating an AS9100 Certification Plan
- Determine your Scope
- Consider AS9100 Step-by-Step Workbook
4. Educate Your Organization on AS9100
All your employees will need to be trained to work with the AS9100 Quality System.
- Online Employee AS9100 Training
- PowerPoint Presentation & Training Materials
5. Design & Document Your AS9100 Quality Management System
Design and document your AS9100 Quality Manual and Procedures. The biggest portion of the project is looking at your current processes and redesigning them to address all the requirements of the standard. Once you have modified or developed processes to meet the standard, you will need to control those processes. Documenting the processes as Quality System procedures is part of this control.
6. Use & Improve Your AS9100 QMS
Once your system is developed and documented, employees will follow the procedures, collect records, and make improvements to the system. For approximately three months or more, your organization will run the QMS, collecting records.
7. Audit the AS9100 QMS Performance
Use and improve your QMS – Is it working? You will conduct internal audits to see how your system is working and to improve it. This prepares you for an Audit by a Registrar.
- Internal Auditor Training Materials
- Internal Audit Checklist
- Buy a copy of AS9101 QMS Audit Requirements
8. Achieve AS9100 Registration
Use our AS9100 All-in-One Documentation & Training Package and implement your system yourself. It includes what you need in order to save time and money and be successful.
To achieve registration, you will need to select a Registrar who will perform a Registration Audit. Check out our Registrar Resource Center for more information and to get free quotes from up to three registrars at once.