In the SAE Aerospace Standard AS 9100 D, the requirements are described in:
- Clause 4 Context of the organization
- Clause 5 Leadership
- Clause 6 Planning
- Clause 7 Support
- Clause 8 Operation
- Clause 9 Performance evaluation
- Clause 10 Improvement
Previously in AS 9100 C, the requirements were described in:
- Clause 4 Quality management system
- Clause 5 Management responsibility
- Clause 6 Resource management
- Clause 7 Product realization
- Clause 8 Measurement, analysis and improvement
You have the 2009 Rev C version in place and now have the objective of upgrading the system to the 2016 Rev D revision. The good news is that since you are familiar with formal management systems, this initiative will be relatively straightforward.
NOTE: It is assumed that you have in place a COMPLETE AS9100C. If not, you may need to purchase additional procedures.
Every purchase is backed by our guarantee so there is little risk in trying.
- The intent of the main clauses is shown in blue font,
- The text in italics in the 2nd right hand column indicates where requirements were included in previous AS 9100 C.
- Use a copy of the AS 9100 D standard along with this instruction to pinpoint for your organization the areas that need attention.
- Make notes and add comments in the space available to the right and the left of the column for reference documentation.
- Use the upgrade checklist section on the right side of the table to assign the responsibility for the upgrade and to follow up on its completion.
- document containing instructions as described in “Features”
Which version is right for me?
Choose AS9100D to create a new AS9100 Quality Management System
Choose AS9100C to AS9100D QMS to modify your existing AS9100 QMS to meet the AS9100D requirements
Choose ISO 9001:2015 to AS9100D QMS Upgrade to modify your existing ISO 9001:2015 to meet the AS9100D requirements
If you plan to reconfigure your existing quality manual completely by yourself, you can use either of the Upgrade Instructions to create everything on your own. They will tell you where to make the changes but will NOT provide any procedure or form templates for the new requirements.