Document Control on a Budget
About Document Control Software
You can use a tabbed binder or MS Word/Excel for these basic functions:
- Management Reviews a file or tab for each review will aid in quick retrieval of information.
- Design Reviews should record each of the ISO requirements including timeline, specs, validation, and verification as appropriate for your organization.
- Internal Audits do not need to be maintained on a daily basis.
- Personnel Training Records can be maintained in a notebook, but an Excel spreadsheet is probably more practical to create a matrix of training and personnel.
- Maintenance and calibration records are best in a database to ease report generation.
- Revision and Documentation Control information should be maintained in a database. If you put it on a server (read only) then people can access it anywhere in your organization.
- Bids/Orders/Changes are best in a database for easy access over time.
- Non-Conforming Material, Traceability issues and customer property information should be maintained in a database due to the liability.