Compare ISO 9001:2008 to AS9100 Rev C
- AS9100 adds several unique requirements (see below)
- Organizations can exclude certain parts of Section 7, similar to ISO 9001.
- Example: Contract Manufacturers (Machine Shops, etc.) could exclude design and development from its QMS.
- Download comparison matrix of ISO 9001 to AS9100 (Summary by section):
Here are the major additions to ISO 9001 and some tools to help:
- 7.1.1 Project Management
- Buy a copy of the guidance Standard (ISO 10006)
- 7.1.2 Risk Management
- 7.1.3 Configuration Management
- Read about ISO 10007 Configuration Management
- Buy a copy of the guidance Configuration Management Standard (ISO 10007)
- 7.1.4 Work Transfers
- SCMH has help with this
- 7.3.1 Key Characteristics
- 188.8.131.52 First Article Inspection (FAI)
- FAI has a unique standard (AS9102) and thus is not part of the AS9100 Rev C QMS.
- However, Section 184.108.40.206 (Production Process Verification) of the standard does require testing of a production part, which is basically the same as FAI.
Simplify your transition from ISO 9001 to AS9100 Rev C:
- We offer several other tools to help your organization transition to AS9100 Rev C.
- ISO 9001 to Rev C Gap Checklist – Checks that all areas of your company to Rev C.
- ISO 9001 to Rev C QMS Upgrade Kit
- Detailed clause by clause instructions on where to change your QMS
- Includes procedures & forms for additional requirements
- Employee Training – PC based training which can be taken via the web.
- It can be customized to give you better record keeping and automated deployment.
- PowerPoints – reviewing clause by clause review of AS9100c
- Audit Checklist – to help you audit to the Rev C Standard
- Internal Auditor Training – Materials to train your auditors in the Rev C standard.
- Problem Solving Training