Compare ISO 9001:2008 to AS9100 Rev C
AS9100 Includes all of ISO 9001 quality management system requirements and specifies additional requirements for a quality management system for the aerospace industry. The additional aerospace requirements are shown in bold, italic text, and most are just emphasized ISO 9001 requirements.
- AS9100 adds several unique requirements (see below)
- Organizations can exclude certain parts of Section 7, similar to ISO 9001.
- Example: Contract Manufacturers (Machine Shops, etc.) could exclude design and development from its QMS.
- Download comparison matrix of ISO 9001 to AS9100 (Summary by section):
Need help migrating from ISO 9001 to AS9100c?
Don't have a QMS but need to to reach AS9100 Rev C?
Here are the major additions to ISO 9001 and some tools to help:
- 7.1.1 Project Management
- 7.1.2 Risk Management
- 7.1.3 Configuration Management
- 7.1.4 Work Transfers
- 7.3.1 Key Characteristics
- 184.108.40.206 First Article Inspection (FAI)
- FAI has a unique standard (AS9102) and thus is not part of the AS9100 Rev C QMS.
- However, Section 220.127.116.11 (Production Process Verification) of the standard does require testing of a production part, which is basically the same as FAI.
Simplify your transition from ISO 9001 to AS9100 Rev C: