This instruction / checklist is intended for use in upgrading your Quality Management System (QMS) for the transition from the AS 9100 Rec C to the AS 9100 Rev D revision for Quality management systems used in the aviation, space, and defense industries. The standards are compatible with each other and have common requirements.
In the SAE Aerospace Standard AS 9100 D, the requirements are described in:
- Clause 4 Context of the organization
- Clause 5 Leadership
- Clause 6 Planning
- Clause 7 Support
- Clause 8 Operation
- Clause 9 Performance evaluation
- Clause 10 Improvement
Previously in AS 9100 C, the requirements were described in:
- Clause 4 Quality management system
- Clause 5 Management responsibility
- Clause 6 Resource management
- Clause 7 Product realization
- Clause 8 Measurement, analysis and improvement
You have the 2009 Rev C version in place and now have the objective of upgrading the system to the 2016 Rev D revision. The good news is that since you are familiar with formal management systems, this initiative will be relatively straightforward.
NOTE: It is assumed that you have in place a COMPLETE AS9100C. If not, you may need to purchase additional procedures.
Every purchase is backed by our guarantee so there is little risk in trying.
The detailed instructions focus on the areas of the documentation required for the AS 9100 D QMS.
- The intent of the main clauses is shown in blue font,
- The text in italics in the 2nd right hand column indicates where requirements were included in previous AS 9100 C.
- Use a copy of the AS 9100 D standard along with this instruction to pinpoint for your organization the areas that need attention.
- Make notes and add comments in the space available to the right and the left of the column for reference documentation.
- Use the upgrade checklist section on the right side of the table to assign the responsibility for the upgrade and to follow up on its completion.
- document containing instructions as described in “Features”